Chandler #AZ48 Half Marathon
The Chandler #AZ48 Marathon is Sunday, October 24, 2021 (NEW DATE – see the COVID-19 Update Page for details) in Chandler Arizona
Start/Finish Location: Downtown Chandler Stage, 178 E Commonwealth Ave, Chandler AZ 85225
- Saturday, Oct 23:
- Expo and Packet Pickup – 11:00am until 5:00pm
- Join us at our Host Hotel the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort for our race expo and packet pickup.
- One S San Marcos Pl, Chandler, AZ 85225
- The Crowne Plaza is offering special hotel rates for the Chandler State 48 Marathon weekend, this hotel is just a couple blocks from the start/finish area.
- Sunday, Oct 24:
- 6:00am-6:00am: On site packet pickup
- 6:30am: Half Marathon Start
- 10:30am: Half marathon course closes
Need a place to stay? The Crowne Plaza San Marcos Resort has set up a special room block for our runners. They will have a link available later this fall.
The Chandler #AZ48 Half Marathon course is currently in the final measurement process for course certification.
This Flat and Fast Half Marathon starts and finishes from the Chandler Stage Park and runs through the streets of downtown Chandler.
Water Stops are every 1.5-2 miles and will include water, gatorade, and portable restrooms. Additional on-course nutrition items will be featured at various stop on the marathon course, details will be announced closer to the race date.
Timing Splits are noted on the map, additional splits may be added as the course plan is finalized in early 2020
2021 Finisher Medal
The 2021 Half Marathon finisher medal is a beautiful 5″ copper design featuring the Chandler #AZ48 inaugural logo.
2021 DRAWSTRING BAG AND SHIRT OPTIONS
Racerback Tank and Tri-blend Tee
Choose either the ladies racerback tank or the unisex race tee, both in a super soft heather navy color for 2021!
Cruise through the Expo with your #AZ48 drawstring bag.
Additional Race Information
All finishers will receive the Half Marathon Finisher Medal.
Overall awards will be presented to the Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female finishers.
Age Group Awards will be presented to the Top 3 Male and Female finishers in the following categories:
- Age: 14 & under, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65-69, 70 & older
The Chandler State 48 Marathon event is a USATF Sanctioned Event, overall event rules can be found on their website. A few key rules to remember that are specific to this event include:
- Official times on our certified course REQUIRE that your times are consistent and realistic through every split. If you miss a split, or your split times do not make sense, we reserve the right request additional proof of time from you as the runner (GPS watch, app, etc). All final times will be reviewed prior to certifying final results online.
- Dogs and other pets are NOT ALLOWED at the event, on the course or in the start/finish area.
- All participants MUST be registered to be on the course regardless of age.
- Strollers are NOT allowed on the half marathon course.
- Race Bandits (participating in the event without purchasing a ticket)
- No one may be on the course or in the start/finish chute without a bib
- Security and staff will be watching to make sure all participants are wearing the appropriate race bib.
- Race bandits will be asked to leave and may be referred to the Chandler Police on site.
Additional questions and answers can be found on our FAQ.