#1 QUESTIONS WE ARE ASKED
FIRST REMEMBER THAT YOU PURCHASED A TICKET TO AN EVENT THAT IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE (SEE OTHER FAQ’S BELOW FOR MORE INFO)
But not all is lost. We do know that life happens and things do come up from time to time.
Option 1: Transferring to the Virtual Race
- If your race has a virtual option, we offer the option to transfer your Live Event Ticket to the Virtual Race. You can do that by completing the Virtual Transfer Form on our website.
- This option closes MONDAY AT MIDNIGHT the week of the event. After that time you will not be able to complete the transfer and we do not mail packets after the event.
- Please note that not all events offer a Virtual Race option.
Option 2: Transferring to another racer
- Giving your bib to a friend or another person without officially transferring the entry is never acceptable.
- For our SOLD OUT Live events, we offer the option to transfer your Live Event Ticket to another person in a legal and official manner. Once you find a person who would like to take your spot, just have them complete the online transfer form.
- This option closes MONDAY AT MIDNIGHT the week of to the event. After that time you will not be able to complete the transfer.
Option 3: Pick up your packet or have a friend pick it up
- If all else fails, don’t miss out on the items that are included at packet pickup with your Live Event Ticket. If you can’t make it to packet pickup, have a friend get it for you.
So even though your Live Event Ticket is non-refundable and non-transferrable, we do have have options available to you. Make sure to read your pre-race emails for additional information specific to your event.
THESE OPTIONS VARY FOR EACH EVENT SO PLEASE READ YOUR PRE-RACE EMAIL (You did agree to stay updated when you registered)
- No one may be on the course or in the start/finish chute without a bib (except children 3 and under in strollers).
- Security and staff will be watching to make sure all participants are wearing the appropriate race bib.
- Race bandits will be asked to leave and may be referred to the Chandler Police on site.
No, this is not allowed in any circumstances. While this practice may seem harmless, it can result in serious consequences to both parties involved. It’s an issue of false identity and a liability issue. Why? The most important reason is that your race bib is attached to your identity, so if an emergency occurs that requires medical attention or a race official must identify a participant, we need to have accurate information. In addition, finisher awards may be impacted. If race organizers identify an individual who has given their race bib to another person, it will result in disqualification and a minimum two-year ban for both individuals for any of our future events.
If the event is not sold out, registrations will be offered at the race expo. No race day registration will be available for this event.
You can change your race distance for most events, however, a fee may be applied. Please use the distance transfer page to make this change.
NOTE: You will NOT get a refund if the price of the new registration type is less than that of your current registration type. You will be responsible to pay additional fees if the price of the new type, at its current rate, is more than your current registration type.
RACE COMMUNICATION & SOCIAL MEDIA
Yes there is a Facebook Page for the State 48 Marathon. Be sure to “Like” us for the most up to date information.
Of course we #hashtag! For all our events (races or virtual), please post with the hashtags #State48Marathon or #131Events
131 Event Productions is neither a charity nor a non-profit organization.However we do support and spread the word about the great cause at Mission 22 at many of our events.
In general our events require a minimum of 16 min/mile pace. Please refer to the specific schedule for your event and distance for exact requirements.
If you are slower than this pace, the Police or race staff on the course may ask you to use the sidewalks and obey the traffic laws so they can reopen the roadways. If you think this pace is too fast for you, please consider a shorter distance option such as a 5k. In most cases there are no time requirements for 5k races.
Please note that at any time Police officials may need to modify the stated time requirements in the interest of public or the race participant safety.
Yes, you can pick up the whole running group. If you have a group of 6 or more, you can request a FastPASS and we will assemble your group for easy pickup.
For a 5k course we will have a water station at approximately the halfway point. On longer courses you will see a water station about every 1.5-2 miles. Please check the course information for your race for specific information.
While we love dogs too, for the safety of the racers, staff and volunteers, dogs cannot come race with you.
Strollers are allowed at most road 5K’s, but are NOT ALLOWED on any longer events including all Half or Full Marathon courses. Please make sure to check for specific requirements for each event.
If strollers are allowed, we ask that you start at the back of the pack and make sure your stroller meets the following requirements:
- Strollers may not be larger than 31″ wide
- Stroller wagons are not allowed
- No other wheels are allowed, so no wagons, scooters, etc.
The use of headphones is discouraged. If you do run with headphones, it is required that you keep one ear free to be able to hear safety vehicles, fellow participants and course officials.
Yes, there are few excellent spots where spectators could watch and cheer. They can even join the part at the finish and lap area.
The event will go on rain or shine with only the possibility of delay in the event of lightning. However, we do retain the right to cancel, shorten, or alter the race course due to weather or other acts of God, or for any other reason within or without our control. If the weather requires a postponement of the event, refunds will not be given but a transfer policy will be posted to allow racers an opportunity to adjust their schedule.